Dr Louise Smail
Specialist Risk And Safety Consultant
Dr Louise Smail is a specialist risk and safety consultant with many years' experience in dealing with issues of Corporate Responsibility.
She is able to offer clients assistance with the Preparation and Validation of Risk Management Plans. The aim is for her clients to ensure the highest standards of public safety.
Louise lectures and runs courses and workshops for both the public and the private sector.
Louise is the editor and contributor to the book “Corporate Liability: Work related Deaths and Criminal Prosecutions" published Dec 2009 and is also the editor and contributor for the 3rd edition published February 2014.
Louise has acted as an expert witness in a number of instances. She is an expert in the field of health and safety at work, and advised by national leaders in legislative practice in the field of corporate manslaughter.
PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS:
- Editor and author of Waste regulation Law – Bloomsbury – published 2016
To purchase Waste Regulation Law, Second Edition as a paperback or ebook please visit: //www.bloomsburyprofessional.com/uk/search?Q=waste+regulation+law&Gid=1&Iid=1 When purchasing please enter BPWASTE20 discount code and receive a 20% discount.
Alternatively you can access this title through Bloomsbury Law Online as part of the Environmental Law module. Please visit //www.bloomsburyprofessionalonline.com/view/waste_regulation/waste_regulation.xml or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free trial.
- Editor the 3rd edition Corporate Liability: Work related deaths and Criminal Prosecutions Published February 2014.
- Editor of the bimonthly publication Health and Safety Newsletter - Bloomsbury
- Editor of Totells Construction Health and SafetyEditor of Office Health and Safety Bloomsbury – Publication Feb 2012
- Contributor to section on Public Safety Kovlin Licensing Bloomsbury Pub. Late 2012.
- Paper on supply chain resilience for BSI at Cardiff City Hall July 2011
- New Law Journal: Coroners Rule 43 March 2011
- London Accountant: Business Continuity Planning published December 2010
- ICAEW Finance and Management Continuity Planning published July 2010
- Building Multi-Agency Emergency Response Capability- Organisational Models for Managing Information and Complexity Hoverstadt, P (Fractal, Cranfield & the Emergency Planning College, Smail, L (Ortalan & the Emergency Planning College), Aidan Ward (Fractal)
- ICAEW Finance and Management Feb 2010 Contingency Planning
- Editor of Corporate Liability: Work Related Deaths and Criminal Prosecutions – published Dec 2009
Dr Louise Smail is Editor-in-chief of Tottels Construction Health and Safety and Editor of Tottels Health and Safety at Work. See Tottel Publishing for further details about these publications.